Hello Fellow Book Lovers. Today, I’m sharing my thoughts about A Ghostly Gift (Southern Ghost Hunter Mystery #1.5) by Angie Fox
Usually, when I read a book I don’t write a full review, I just write a paragraph or two to publish on Amazon and Goodreads; especially if it’s a book with thousands of reviews already.
So with that in mind, today, I want to share my thoughts about a great little novella that I read last month …
What’s A Ghostly Gift about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy anything using my links, I'll receive a small commission from the sale, which helps run this book blog. Thanks. 🙂
Title: A Ghostly Gift by Angie Fox
Series: Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #1.5
Published by Self-Published on 15 February, 2015
Genres: Cozy Paranormal Mystery
Narrator: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 1 hour 3 minutes
No. of Pages: 60
From New York Times best-selling author Angie Fox - a fabulously fun short story in the new Southern Ghost Hunter Mystery series.
Verity Long doesn't want to see ghosts, and she'd rather not let anyone know her little secret, either. But when a restless spirit stirs up trouble in her friend's resale shop, Verity and her very new, very dead gangster friend team up to learn what is really happening. They discover an age-old secret and must learn the truth behind a mysterious disappearance... before it's too late.
Review Format: eBook, Audiobook
Purchase Links: Books2Read - Universal eBook Link ¦ Amazon* ¦ Audible*
What did I like about A Ghostly Gift?
I am a big fan of this series. I love Ms Fox’s writing style. The pace at which her tale flows, how she weaves all the elements together and how she gets me completely engaged in the story. She weaves present day mysteries murders with those of the past and always includes a twist that surprises me! Although this is a quick short read, all of my expectations were met beautifully in this story.
I downloaded the narration and was once again impressed by Tavia Gilbert’s performance. The pace at which she read felt right for me. The emotions she infused the different scenes with added depth and the tonal variations she used for the dialogue brought the characters to life in my mind.
There is absolutely no offensive content within these pages – language, violence or sex. Therefore, I can recommend it to lovers of charming, paranormal mystery tales. Especially those who enjoy a sprinkling of humour and a happy ever after ending.
I really loved this story and only rated it 4 stars instead of 5 because I am reluctant to award 5 stars to books this short.
Keep reading to find out more about this series and its author.
Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries
The Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries sits comfortably in the ‘cozy mystery’ genre. Although, some of the ghostly scenes feel less than cosy. 😉 This murder mystery series is set in modern America – Sugarland, Tennessee to be exact – and features the town’s residents, both living and deceased. Each book contains a new self-contained mystery for our heroine, Verity, to solve.
Books in the Series
If you haven’t read any of the Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries books yet, it’s never too late to start your adventure. Read my thoughts on each one or buy them for yourself using the links below.
- Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #1) (2015)
- A Ghostly Gift (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #1.5) (2015)
- The Skeleton in the Closet (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #2) (2015)
- Ghost of a Chance (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #2.5) (2016)
- The Haunted Heist (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #3) (2016)
- Deader Homes and Gardens (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #4) (2016)
- Dog Gone Ghost (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #4.5) (2017)
- Sweet Tea and Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #5) (2017)
- Murder on the Sugarland Express (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #6) (2017)
- Pecan Pies and Dead Guys (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #7) (2018)
- The Mint Julep Murders (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #8) (2019)
- The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #8.5) (2019)
- Southern Bred and Dead (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #9) (2020)
- The Haunted Homecoming (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #10) (2021)
Buy Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries in print, ebook and audio formats.
Amazon* ¦ Audible* ¦ Book Depository*
…and because I loved the narration so much, here’s Tavia’s bio too.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my mini review. I hope I’ve sparked your interest and you’ll consider adding this fun paranormal mystery to your TBR pile.
Bye for now,