Hello Fellow Book Lovers. Today, I’m sharing my thoughts about Ghost of a Chance (Southern Ghost Hunter Mystery #2.5) by Angie Fox
Usually, when I read a book I don’t write a full review, I just write a paragraph or two to publish on Amazon and Goodreads; especially if it’s a book with thousands of reviews already.
So with that in mind, today, I want to share my thoughts about a great little novella that I read during the festive fortnight last year …
What’s Ghost of a Chance about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy the book using that link, I'll receive a small commission from the sale.My Rating:
Title: Ghost of a Chance by Angie Fox
Series: Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #2.5
Published by Self-Published, Angie Fox on 4 January, 2016
Genres: Cozy Paranormal Mystery
Narrator: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 1 hour 2 minutes
No. of Pages: 54
'Tis the season...for ghosts. Verity Long has come to terms with the fact that she can see spirits, and talk to them, and...she's actually making cookies for one of them. But she's drawing the line at any more ghost hunting or mystery solving. Until a dear friend needs help locating a missing antique at the party of the year. Not one to leave a friend in need, Verity straps on her sparkly heels and sneaks in to see what she can find—only to uncover a startling secret that will change everything.
Formats Available: Kindle with Narration, eBook, Audiobook, CD - Audio/MP3
Purchase Links: Books2Read - Universal Link ¦ Amazon* ¦ Audible*
What did I think about Ghost of a Chance?
I’m already a big fan of this series. I love Ms Fox’s writing style. The pace at which her tales flow, how she weaves all the elements together and how she manages to engage me completely in the story. She seamlessly weaves present-day mysteries with those of the past and always includes a twist that surprises me!
Although Ghost of a Chance is a quick short read, all of my expectations were met beautifully. It still managed to put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.
I downloaded the narration and was once again impressed by Tavia Gilbert‘s performance. The pace at which she read, the emotions she infused into the different scenes and the tonal variations she used for the dialogue.
I really loved this sweet ghostly story and only rated it 4 stars instead of 5 because I am reluctant to award 5 stars to books this short.
There is absolutely no offensive content within these pages – language, violence or sex. Therefore, I can recommend it to lovers of charming, paranormal mystery tales. Especially those who enjoy a sprinkling of humour and a happy ever after ending.
Keep reading to find out more about this series and its author.
Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries
The Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries sits comfortably in the ‘cozy mystery’ genre. Although, some of the ghostly scenes feel less than cosy. 😉 This murder mystery series is set in modern America – Sugarland, Tennessee to be exact – and features the town’s residents, both living and deceased. Each book contains a new self-contained mystery for our heroine, Verity, to solve.
Books in the Series
If you haven’t read any of the Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries books yet, it’s never too late to start your adventure. Read my thoughts on each one or buy them for yourself using the links below.
- Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #1) (2015)
- A Ghostly Gift (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #1.5) (2015)
- The Skeleton in the Closet (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #2) (2015)
- Ghost of a Chance (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #2.5) (2016)
- The Haunted Heist (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #3) (2016)
- Deader Homes and Gardens (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #4) (2016)
- Dog Gone Ghost (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #4.5) (2017)
- Sweet Tea and Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #5) (2017)
- Murder on the Sugarland Express (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #6) (2017)
- Pecan Pies and Dead Guys (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #7) (2018)
- The Mint Julep Murders (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #8) (2019)
- The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #8.5) (2019)
- Southern Bred and Dead (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #9) (2020)
- The Haunted Homecoming (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #10) (Expected August 2021)
Buy Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries in print, ebook and audio formats.
…and because I loved the narration so much, here’s Tavia’s bio too.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my mini review.
I hope I’ve sparked your interest and you’ll consider adding this fun paranormal mystery to your TBR pile. 😉
Bye for now,