Hello my lovelies,
Since I signed up to an Audible UK subscription back in the summer of 2018, the number of stories that I’ve listened to has increased year on year. so with that in mind, I decided to join in with my first ever audiobook challenge.
The lovely Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer co-hosts the annual Audiobook Challenge, so that’s the one I’m joining in with. The first thing I had to do was write a post about the challenge and my intention to join in. 😉
This event is co-hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. The idea is to determine the level of listener you want to be and then work to listen to over the course of the year. There are two check-ins; one mid-year and one at the end to see how you did. Participants will have the chance to win prizes.
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2020, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (look Ma no hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
So, Grab your earbuds and join the 2020 Audiobook Challenge! Choose your level and rock your ears off! Use hashtag #2020AudiobookChallenge on social media to alert others of your listens and progress!
I was originally going to attempt Newbie (1 – 5) but as I frequently download the narration to many of the Kindle books I buy, I think I should try Stenographer (10-15) or Socially Awkward (15-20). I’ll post an update in the summer or you can check out my new Challenge Page.
If you want to join in too, just follow the links at the top of this post to one of the co-hosts.
I’d love to hear from any other participants, just drop a comment below.