Hello Fellow Book Lovers. Today, I’m sharing my thoughts about The Witch’s Halloween Hero by Kristen Painter. A seasonal short story in her light paranormal romance series, Nocturne Falls.
Sometimes, when I read a book I don’t write a full review. I just write a paragraph or two to publish on Amazon and Goodreads; especially if it’s a book with thousands of reviews already. But I want to build up my blog to be THE place to go to for paranormal romance fans. Therefore, I’ve started sharing those smaller reviews on here too.
What’s The Witch’s Halloween Hero about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy the book using that link, I'll receive a small commission from the sale.My Rating:
Title: The Witch's Halloween Hero by Kristen Painter
Series: Nocturne Falls #4.5
Published by Self-Published on 20 January, 2016
Genres: Paranormal Romance (PNR)
Narrator: B.J. Harrison
Length: 1 hour 19 minutes
No. of Pages: 45
*A Nocturne Falls Short Story*
Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year. The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better.
Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs, fur, and all.
When a spell goes wrong on the night of Samhain for witch Corette Williams, her only hope is the man she loves, Bartholomew Stanhill. But time is running out. As the clock ticks toward midnight on Halloween, they grow closer to the moment when magic will erase him from her mind. Can Stanhill become Corette’s Halloween hero?
Formats Available: Audiobook, eBook
Purchase Links: Books2Read - Universal Link ¦ Amazon* ¦ Audible*
I actually read this short story on 18th November 2018. Finally getting around to copying my thoughts here. 😉
What did I like about The Witch’s Halloween Hero?
I’m already a fan of Ms Painter’s writing style having read and loved the first book in this series – The Vampire’s Mail Order Bride.
Although I enjoyed this book, there were a few aspects that niggled. The reduced page numbers meant that situations, characters and backstories were left less developed compared to Ms Painter’s full length novels.
Having said that, I enjoyed the ups and downs of this little tale. The Witch’s Halloween Hero made me chuckle, got me all soppy at the romantic gestures and I felt the odd tear trickle down my cheek during the emotional scenes.
There is absolutely no offensive content within these pages – language, violence or sex. Therefore, I can recommend The Gargoyle Gets His Girl to lovers of charming, paranormal romance tales of any age. Especially those readers who enjoy a sprinkling of humour and a happily ever after ending.
Keep reading to find out more about this series and its author.
Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town where Halloween is celebrated 365 days a year. The tourists think it’s all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better. Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs and all.
Books in the Series
- The Vampire’s Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls #1) (2015)
- The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls #2) (2015)
- The Gargoyle Gets His Girl (Nocturne Falls #3) (2015)
- The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4) (2015)
- The Witch’s Halloween Hero (Nocturne Falls #4.5) (2016)
- The Werewolf’s Christmas Wish (Nocturne Falls #4.6) (2016)
- The Vampire’s Fake Fiancee (Nocturne Falls #5) (2016)
- The Vampire’s Valentine Surprise (Nocturne Falls #5.5) (2016)
- The Shifter Romances The Writer (Nocturne Falls #6) (2016)
- The Vampire’s True Love Trials (Nocturne Falls #6.5) (2017)
- The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls #7) (2017)
- The Vampire’s Accidental Wife (Nocturne Falls #8) (2017)
- The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls #9) (2018)
- The Detective Wins The Witch (Nocturne Falls #10) (2018)
- The Vampire’s Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls #11) (2019)
- The Werewolf Dates The Deputy (Nocturne Falls #12) (2020)
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my mini-review. I hope I’ve sparked your interest and will add this fun paranormal romance to your TBR pile.
You can find Kristen Painter on my favourite authors’ page. Check out the other amazing authors I love too.
Bye for now,