My #Blogtober a.k.a. 🎃 31 Days of Halloween 🎃
Hello, my spooktacular lovelies. As an audiobook blogger who’s passionate about paranormal romance, cosy paranormal mystery and urban fantasy, most of my reviews fit perfectly with this time of year. However, I’ve joined in with #Blogtober this year which is a daily blogging challenge. This means that I’m trying to mix it up with some suitably Halloween-y book tags, memes and discussion posts too this month.
I haven’t ever tried to post every day before but I’ll do my best to keep it interesting.
Happy Halloween!! Welcome to my October 2021 monthly wrap up post; the final day of 🎃 31 Days of Halloween 🎃 my version of #Blogtober.
What have I been up to this month?
I’ve been off work for the past week. Schools have been on half-term holiday and I’ve enjoyed staying in bed late and not wearing a watch. Bliss!
I’m sticking to my reduction in screen time, hence the sporadic blog hopping – sorry. Plus, I’m now an audiobook junkie. Getting my reading fix through my ears instead of my eyes. 😉 The number of ocular migraines (also referred to as retinal migraines) that I’ve had this last month is down to single figures! Woop!Woop!
Coronavirus COVID-19 is still lurking about and keeps mutating! However, here in the UK, our immunisation programme is still going great guns. Over 67% of us have now been fully vaccinated (me included!) WoopWoop! The UK government are talking about restrictions and new changes being put in place this winter. Coronavirus remains a serious health risk and cases worldwide are rising again.
In bloggish news…
I’ve taken part in the month-long blogging challenge, #Blogtober.
So, what is #Blogtober?
#Blogtober takes place in the month of October (hence where the name comes from). It’s a yearly thing that gets bloggers excited for the Autumn season and the festive month of December which is just on the horizon. The idea is that the blogging community talk about anything Autumnal and Halloween-related.
If you’re stuck for ideas, there are lots of bloggers out there who helpfully post useful #Blogtober post ideas and lists. Just do a Google search! 😲
Goodness me it was tough! Posting something interesting every day was very challenging. I’m not sure if I’d be able to do it again.
What have I been posting?
Now on with the rest of my October 2021 monthly wrap up post. Be warned, there’s a lot. 😘 Feel free to click on anything that you missed this month.
I’ve been celebrating some wonderful New Releases this month.
I love taking part in blog tours. This month I’ve enjoyed being a part of these fabulous tours.
🎧 Reviews 🎧
And, of course, this being a book blog, I shared my thoughts about some spooktacular stories this month:
- 2 Oct - In Still Darkness by Dianne Duvall ★★★★★
- 5 Oct - Unleashed by her Bear by Felicity Heaton ★★★★★
- 9 Oct - Taming Demons for Beginners by Annette Marie ★★★★★
- 14 Oct - Vampire Fight Club by Larissa Ione ★★★
- 16 Oct - Three Half Goats Gruff & Dragons Don't Eat Meat by Kim McDougall ★★★★★
- 18 Oct - Southern Bred and Dead by Angie Fox ★★★★★
- 21 Oct - The Ghost of Marlow House by Bobbi Holmes ★★★★
- 23 Oct - Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie ★★★★
- 25 Oct - Awakened by Her Bear by Felicity Heaton ★★★★★
- 27 Oct - Brimstone Bound by Helen Harper ★★★
- 29 Oct - Phantom Embrace by Dianne Duvall ★★★★★
What other bookish bits and bobs were on the blog this month? 😉
- 4 Oct - Why do we like scary stories? Day 4: 🎃 31 Days of Halloween 🎃 #Blogtober 2021
- 6 Oct - What Gets Me In The Mood For Halloween? Day 6: 31 Days of Halloween #Blogtober 2021
- 8 Oct - Great Books With Creepy Atmospheres. It’s About To Get Scary!
- 11 Oct - Great Classic Horror Films. A Nostalgic Look Back.
- 15 Oct - Amazing Pumpkin Carvings. These people are talented geniuses!
- 17 Oct - The Book Tag: “Would You Rather…” More Awesome Halloween Fun!
- 19 Oct - Day 19: The 21 Most Beautiful Haunted Homes Around the World
- 20 Oct - Great Vampire Paranormal Romance. It’s About To Get bitey!
That’s it for my October 2021 Monthly Wrap Up. However, moving forward, what can you expect from me in November?
~ Coming up on Flora’s Musings ~
- Celebrating more New Book Releases.
- Hopefully, some author interviews, book tours and spotlight posts.
- and of course, lots of reviews!
~ My Current Reading Challenges ~
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that I take part in the Goodreads Annual Reading Challenge but that’s not the only one I take part in. I thought that I’d use these regular wrap up posts to update you on my progress in all the challenges that I’m taking part in …
2021 Audiobook Challenge
Last year I joined the 2020 Audiobook Challenge. I enjoyed it so much that I’ve signed up again this year.
Audiobooks have become my main format since reducing my screen time. I’ve already achieved my original goal of 50+ audio listens so I’m now trying to reach the 75+ level. Wish me luck and check out my progress on My Audiobook Challenge 2021 page.
I’m linking up to The Sunday Post – a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
(See rules here: Sunday Post Meme)
Don’t forget to hop along to some of the other amazing blogs taking part in the Sunday Post.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my spooktacular October 2021 monthly wrap up post. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, stay safe and healthy. I’m off for a well-deserved rest. 😂
Bye for now,