Hello, my lovelies. This is the first year that Flora’s Musings is taking part in the end of year meme – Top 10 of 2021 – hosted by the lovely Anne @ Books of My Heart. Today, I’m sharing my Top 10 Audiobooks of 2021 with you all.
But first, if you don’t know what the Top 10 meme is all about, let me step aside and let Anne tell you:
I’ve seen other blogs have this feature some years earlier and when they stopped I started doing my own version. Feel free to grab the graphic. You can join one day or all the days. Here is the schedule for this year; I hope you will share your picks with us!
Link up so we can see everyone’s favorites:
- Monday, December 20th – Top 10 Books of 2021 (favorite reads in 2021, read and published in 2021)
- Tuesday, December 21st – Top 10 Audiobooks of 2021 (favorite audiobooks both published and read in 2021)
- Wednesday, December 22nd – Top 10 Book Covers of 2021 (favorite book covers from 2021)
- Thursday, December 23rd – Top 10 Book Characters of 2021 (favorite book characters from books published in 2021)
- Friday, December 24th – Your Top 10 choice: Narrators, Couples, New to Me, Favorite Quotes, Series, Books I Meant to Read in 2020, or your own idea
- Saturday, December 25th – Top 10 Books I Want in 2022
My Top 10 Audiobooks of 2021
Last year, I wrote a post about Book Hangovers. Did you catch it? I’ve listened to so many fantastic stories this year, that I’ve actually got 35 5-star ratings on my shelf! Therefore, I decided to narrow it down and use this prompt to share the ones that gave me a book hangover.
In no particular order:
- The Promised Queen by Jeffe Kennedy ~ Read by Gabrielle Baker ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Magical Midlife Invasion by K.F. Breene ~ Read by Nicole Poole ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Pam by Teresa Gabelman ~ Read by Jeffrey Kafer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Segonian by Dianne Duvall ~ Read by Kirsten Potter ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher ~ Read by James Marsters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Noose of a New Moon by Helen Harper ~ Read by Shaun Grindell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Runaway Fate by Elizabeth Hunter ~ Read by Ava Lucas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Three Half Goats Gruff & Dragons Don’t Eat Meat by Kim McDougall ~ Read by Hollie Jackson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- When He’s An Alpha by Suzanne Wright ~ Read by Samantha Cook ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Druid Vices and a Vodka by Annette Marie ~ Read by Cris Dukehart ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Each one of these audiobooks blew me away and I’d recommend them wholeheartedly. Why? It’s not just the author’s writing style or the way their plot and characters draw me in, but the way the narrator used their skills to plunge me into the adventure too. The author and narrator tag-teamed me and left me with a wonderful book hangover. 😘
But what about you? Which stories this year gave you the worst hangover? Is there a particular author that strives to capture your soul with EVERY BOOK THEY WRITE! Drop me a comment below. We can lament and praise our book hangovers together.
Bye for now,