Hello, my lovelies. This is the first year that Flora’s Musings has taken part in the end of year meme – Top 10 of 2021 – hosted by the lovely Anne @ Books of My Heart. Today, I’m sharing my Top 10 Fictional Characters of 2021 with you all.
But first, if you don’t know what the Top 10 meme is all about, let me step aside and let Anne tell you:
I’ve seen other blogs have this feature some years earlier and when they stopped I started doing my own version. Feel free to grab the graphic. You can join one day or all the days. Here is the schedule for this year; I hope you will share your picks with us!
Link up so we can see everyone’s favorites:
- Monday, December 20th – Top 10 Books of 2021 (favorite reads in 2021, read and published in 2021)
- Tuesday, December 21st – Top 10 Audiobooks of 2021 (favorite audiobooks both published and read in 2021)
- Wednesday, December 22nd – Top 10 Book Covers of 2021 (favorite book covers from 2021)
- Thursday, December 23rd – Top 10 Book Characters of 2021 (favorite book characters from books published in 2021)
- Friday, December 24th – Your Top 10 choice: Narrators, Couples, New to Me, Favorite Quotes, Series, Books I Meant to Read in 2020, or your own idea
- Saturday, December 25th – Top 10 Books I Want in 2022
My Top 10 Fictional Characters of 2021
I’m an emotional reader; I want to get caught up with the characters and feel a multitude of emotions. My enjoyment of a story, and therefore my rating, correlates to my connection with the protagonist and their journey through the story.
I’ve been getting increasingly picky over the years when it comes to the stories I buy. I know what I like and what grates me the wrong way, so it came as no surprise to me when Goodreads sent me my Year in Books stats for 2021.
That’s a pretty high average rating, right? Well, it’s all down to some amazing heroes and heroines, as well as love to hate ’em villains.
Anyway, I’ve gathered together ten of my favourites for this list today. It was tough, I’m not going to lie. I hate having to choose. Some characters are old favourites that I’ve met before while others I’ve just been introduced to this year.
So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my all-star protagonists and the books you can find them in:
- Eliana and Dagon ~ The Segonian by Dianne Duvall
- Lia and Con ~ The Promised Queen by Jeffe Kennedy
- Kira and Ronan ~ Ronan by Teresa Gabelman
- Havana and Tate ~ When He’s An Alpha by Suzanne Wright
- Katherine ~ Runaway Fate by Elizabeth Hunter
- Devereau Webb ~ The Noose of a New Moon by Helen Harper
- Atticus and Oberon ~ Besieged by Kevin Hearne
- Tenzin and Ben ~ Midnight Labyrinth by Elizabeth Hunter
- Annwyl and Fearghus ~ Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken
- Amanda and Thomas ~ Amanda Cadabra and The Strange Case of Lucy Penlowr by Holly Bell
As usual, you can follow the link to read my review where I explain in detail what I liked so much about these characters.
I sing hallelujah whenever the tempting man-candy or kick-arse heroine pictured on the cover turns out to be just my type of protagonist. I was singing my heart out with all of these. 😍 🎶
Thanks for stopping by and reading My Top 10 Fictional Characters of 2021. So, what about you? How involved do you have to get with a protagonist to enjoy a story? Which titles on your shelves are “character-driven”? Drop me a comment below and share your favourite book characters. We can celebrate our heroes and heroines. 😍😍😍
Bye for now,