I’ve written a few posts now about Paranormal Women’s Fiction (PWF) on the blog. The new genre of paranormal romance (PNR), urban fantasy and paranormal cosy mystery stories where the female protagonists are Generation X (Gen X). Women in their 40s or older.
I want to read about heroines in PNR and urban fantasy that take on the bad guys, save the day but are in the same stage of life as me.
Many protagonists in speculative fiction are supposed to be older than they look. Vampires in their hundreds, fae ageing in their thousands, and witches or shifters who are decades older than they appear. (I think this is also supporting the media view that being young and beautiful is the ideal. *tut*tut*) However, that issue aside, these characters are still thinking, acting and saying things indicative of someone far younger! It’s my main bug-bear.
Finally, PWF has given me stories in my favourite genres with characters I can relate to.
I wanted to create a little space on my blog to share this emerging genre with you. Not every book marketed as PWF has hit the mark. Some have failed dismally, falling into the traps already mentioned above. However, there are many authors out there writing the stories that tick all of my boxes. You’ll find every story here; the hits, this misses and the mehs.
💖 Paranormal Women’s Fiction 💖
- Suck It Up, Buttercup (First Fangs Club #2) by Kristen Painter
- On My Way (Midlife Mulligan #2) by Eve Langlais
- A Glimmer of Death (Odessa Jones Mystery #1) by Valerie Wilson Wesley
- Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3) by K. F. Breene
- New Witch on the Block (Midlife in Mosswood #1) by Louisa West
- Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2) by K. F. Breene
- Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake #3) by Elizabeth Hunter
- Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake #2) by Elizabeth Hunter
- Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1) by Eve Langlais
- Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife #1) by Jana DeLeon
- Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1) by Darynda Jones
- Sucks To Be Me (First Fangs Club #1) by Kristen Painter
- Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake #1) by Elizabeth Hunter
- Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1,) by K. F. Breene
Have you read any of these stories? Am I missing one? Drop a comment below.
Before you go, check out the related discussion posts about Paranormal Women’s Fiction (PWF) I’ve written.
- PWF has arrived! A reading genre for us older women
- Breaking the trend – A new Generation X of Heroes!
Bye for now,
(Page last updated on Friday 19th February 2021)