Flora reviews… Justice Calling by Annie Bellet. The first book in her urban fantasy series, The Twenty-Sided Sorceress.
What’s Justice Calling about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy the book using that link, I'll receive a small commission from the sale.My Rating:
Title: Justice Calling by Annie Bellet
Series: Twenty-Sided Sorceress #1
Published by Self-Published, Annie Bellet on 23 July, 2014
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Formats Available: eBook, Kindle with Narration, Audiobook, Paperback
No. of Pages: 154
Narrator: Folly Blaine
Length: 2 hours 35 minutes
Justice Calling is the first book in The Twenty-Sided Sorceress urban fantasy series. Readers who enjoyed The Dresden Files or The Iron Druid Chronicles will likely enjoy this series.
Gamer. Nerd. Sorceress.
Jade Crow lives a quiet life running her comic book and game store in Wylde, Idaho. After twenty-five years fleeing from a powerful sorcerer who wants to eat her heart and take her powers, quiet suits her just fine. Surrounded by friends who are even less human than she is, Jade figures she’s finally safe.
As long as she doesn’t use her magic.
When dark powers threaten her friends’ lives, a sexy shape-shifter enforcer shows up. He’s the shifter world’s judge, jury, and executioner rolled into one, and he thinks Jade is to blame. To clear her name, save her friends, and stop the villain, she’ll have to use her wits… and her sorceress powers.
Except Jade knows that as soon as she does, a far deadlier nemesis awaits.
Purchase Links: Books2Read Universal Link ¦ Audible*
What did I think?
There isn’t anything about this novella that I don’t LOVE!!!
The main character, Jade Crow, is an intelligent, funny, independent woman with a big heart who I just fell in love with. Just what I look for in my female MCs. The supporting cast (both good & bad) were just as well written; with depth of character and completely believable. Quite a skill to achieve in a book of this size!
The plot was gripping; both the murder mystery & the relationship arcs progressing at a pace that felt both breathless but believable. It’s one of the reasons why I like novellas so much, no time to dilly-dally. 😉
I was on the edge of my seat with this one; I laughed, cried and blushed with “excitement” 😉 and the teaser first two chapters of the next book Murder of Crows in this series has sealed my fate! Lol!
Keep reading to find out more about this series and its author.
Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series by Annie Bellet
This series is about comic store owner, Jade Crow. A native American sorceress who loves gaming but has escaped to the quiet little town of Wylde, Idaho, to hide from her murderous ex. Hiding in plain sight amongst Wylde’s shifters, paranormal community and unique magical landscape.
Books in the Series
If you haven’t read any of these stories yet, what are you waiting for? Click the links below to read my reviews or buy them yourself.
- Justice Calling (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #1) (2014)
- Murder of Crows (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #2) (2014)
- Pack of Lies (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #3) (2014)
- Hunting Season (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #4) (2014)
- Heartache (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #5) (2015)
- Thicker Than Blood (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #6) (2015)
- Magic to the Bone (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #7) (2016)
- Harper’s Tale: Tribes (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #7.5) (Expected Dec 2020)
- Dungeon Crawl (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #8) (2017)
- River of No Return (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #9) (2018)
- Balancing the Scales (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #10) (2020)
The series also has a few box set editions:
- Twenty-Sided Sorceress: Books 1-3 (Justice Calling; Murder of Crows; Pack of Lies)
- Level Grind: Twenty-Sided Sorceress Volume One (Books 1-4: Justice Calling; Murder of Crows; Pack of Lies; Hunting Season)
- Boss Fight: Twenty-Sided Sorceress Volume Two (Books 5-7: Heartache; Thicker Than Blood; Magic to the Bone)
Buy any of the above titles in print, audio and ebook formats:
Thank you for taking to read my thoughts today. I hope you buy Justice Calling for yourself.
Bye for now,