Flora reviews… Murder of Crows by Annie Bellet. The second book in her urban fantasy series, The Twenty-Sided Sorceress.
What’s Murder of Crows about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy the book using that link, I'll receive a small commission from the sale.My Rating:
Title: Murder of Crows by Annie Bellet
Series: Twenty-Sided Sorceress #2
Published by Self-Published, Annie Bellet on 22 August, 2014
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Narrator: Folly Blaine
Length: 3 hours 18 minutes
No. of Pages: 163
They say you can never go home again. If only that were true…
Game store owner and nerd sorceress extraordinaire Jade Crow knows death stalks her in the form of her murderous ex-lover, Samir, a sorcerer who wants to eat her heart and take her power. With the help of her friends, and sexy tiger-shifter Alek, Jade trains for the inevitable confrontation.
Until her estranged father shows up begging for help. Someone or something is murdering the crow shifters of Three Feathers ranch and her father believes sorcery is the only way to stop the killings.
Faced with an unknown foe, a family that exiled her decades before, a deepening relationship with Alek, and Samir’s ever-present threat, Jade will need all the power she’s gained and then some to stop the Murder of Crows.
Murder of Crows is the second book in The Twenty-Sided Sorceress urban fantasy series.
Formats Available: eBook, Kindle with Narration, Audiobook, Paperback
Purchase Links: Books2Read - Universal Link ¦ Audible*
What did I think?
I loved the first novella in this series (Justice Calling) and, happily, there isn’t anything about this novella that I don’t LOVE either!!!
The main character, Jade Crow, is an intelligent, funny, independent woman with a big heart who I just fell in love with; exactly what I want in a female lead. I feel that the supporting cast in this novella, both good & bad, were just as well written; with depth of character and completely believable. Quite a skill to achieve in a book of this small size!
I found the plot gripping; the murder mystery, Jade’s ex-boyfriend threat & the relationship development with Alek, all arcs progressing at a pace that felt both breathless but believable.
I was on the edge of my seat; I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed.
Keep reading to find out more about this series and its author.
Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series by Annie Bellet
This series is about comic store owner, Jade Crow. A native American sorceress who loves gaming but has escaped to the quiet little town of Wylde, Idaho, to hide from her murderous ex. Hiding in plain sight amongst Wylde’s shifters, paranormal community and unique magical landscape.
Books in the Series
If you haven’t read any of these stories yet, what are you waiting for? Click the links below to read my reviews or buy them yourself.
- Justice Calling (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #1) (2014)
- Murder of Crows (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #2) (2014)
- Pack of Lies (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #3) (2014)
- Hunting Season (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #4) (2014)
- Heartache (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #5) (2015)
- Thicker Than Blood (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #6) (2015)
- Magic to the Bone (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #7) (2016)
- Harper’s Tale: Tribes (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #7.5) (Expected Dec 2020)
- Dungeon Crawl (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #8) (2017)
- River of No Return (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #9) (2018)
- Balancing the Scales (Twenty-Sided Sorceress #10) (2020)
The series also has a few box set editions:
- Twenty-Sided Sorceress: Books 1-3 (Justice Calling; Murder of Crows; Pack of Lies)
- Level Grind: Twenty-Sided Sorceress Volume One (Books 1-4: Justice Calling; Murder of Crows; Pack of Lies; Hunting Season)
- Boss Fight: Twenty-Sided Sorceress Volume Two (Books 5-7: Heartache; Thicker Than Blood; Magic to the Bone)
Buy any of the above titles in print, audio and ebook formats:
Thank you for taking to read my thoughts today. I hope you buy Murder of Crows for yourself.
Bye for now,