Hello, fellow audiobook fans. Today, I’m sharing an audiobook review for The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds written by Bobbi Holmes and narrated by Romy Nordlinger. This is the second audiobook in Bobbi’s cosy paranormal mystery series, Haunting Danielle.
What’s The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds about?
This post contains affiliate links (marked *). If you buy anything using my links, I'll receive a small commission from the sale, which helps run this book blog. Thanks. 🙂
Title: The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds by Bobbi Holmes
Series: Haunting Danielle #2
Published by Tantor Audio on 31 March, 2017
Genres: Cozy Paranormal Mystery, Ghost
Narrator: Romy Nordlinger
Length: 9 hours 19 minutes
Everything is right on track for Danielle as she prepares for the grand opening of her bed and breakfast. All that changes when her cousin, Cheryl, shows up to claim her share of the inheritance—housemate Lily figures out there is a ghost in the house—and the million-dollar necklace goes missing.
There is blood on someone’s hands and if Danielle isn’t careful she’ll be moving from Marlow House to the Big House.
©2014 Bobbi Holmes (P)2017 Tantor
I received this ARC for free in exchange for an honest review. This doesn't affect my opinion of the book or influence the content of my review.Review Format: Audiobook
Purchase Links: Books2Read - Universal eBook Link ¦ Amazon* ¦ Audible* ¦ Audiobooks.com*
Audiobook Listened: 20th – 22nd November 2021
What did I think about it?
A Classic Cozy “Who-Dun-It?” Mystery
I really enjoyed this audiobook. This is only the second story I’ve experienced written by Bobbi Holmes but I like her cosy writing style. The pace of this tale was steady and I enjoyed how Bobbi revealed the new characters’ personalities and plot to us as the story progressed. Although The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds is the second story in the Haunting Danielle series, I don’t think you have to have listened to the first one before starting this adventure.
I really enjoyed meeting all the characters Bobbi created – loved the frustration and suspicion a couple of them generated too.
Our protagonist, Danielle Boatman, exhibited many of the personality traits that I love. She showed herself to be intelligent, with a good dose of curiosity balanced with wariness, and very kind-hearted. The supporting characters in this story is a diverse group, showcasing lots of different personalities and complexities. Danielle’s bestie, Lily, is quite a character and at times amused and frustrated me in equal measure.😂 Cousin Cheryl managed to bring out quite a few emotions too, not many of them favourable. While Walt Marlow is definitely a man of his time with sensibilities to match. 😘 Watching Danielle handle the situations she was plunged into during this tale, made me appreciate her patience and resilience. It all felt very natural and believable, helping me to fully immerse myself in the story.
Romy Nordlinger is still a relatively new-to-me narrator.
I’ve only heard her narrate the previous audiobook – The Ghost of Marlow House. Once again, I enjoyed the pace at which Romy read this book and liked the emotion she brought to each scene. She’s managed to create subtly different voices for each of the characters we encounter. The male and female voices varied enough to mean that I was never confused as to who was speaking. However, during scenes with lots of conversation between men, I would have preferred more pronounced differences.
The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds is a great cosy mystery.
It has everything that I look for in a good cosy. Wonderful characters that would fit in with any small-town setting and a plot to keep me engaged. There’s a good mystery; I enjoyed trying to work out the who’s and why’s surrounding the disappearance of the Thorndyke diamond necklace. Plus, there was an emotional connection to the characters because I even shed a tear or two during a few scenes.
There’s nothing in this audiobook that could cause offence.
I’d recommend The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds to anyone who enjoys cosy mysteries with a paranormal focus. I’ve already added the whole series to my Audible wish list.
Has my review of The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds (Haunting Danielle #2) encouraged you to find out more? I bet it has! Click on any of the links to check it out yourself.
Keep reading to find out more about Bobbi Holmes. But first, let me tell you about this ghostly series.
Haunting Danielle by Bobbi Holmes
Danielle Boatman inherits Marlow House and dreams of turning it into a seaside bed and breakfast. However, Walt Marlow, the house’s previous owner is still in residence.
Haunting Danielle is a cozy paranormal mystery series. Each book contains a mystery that’s solved by the end while the relationship between Danielle and Walt continues to grow and evolve as the series progresses.
Books in the Series
- The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle #1) (2014)
- The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds (Haunting Danielle #2) (2014)
- The Ghost Who Wasn’t (Haunting Danielle #3) (2015)
- The Ghost Who Wanted Revenge (Haunting Danielle #4) (2015)
- The Ghost of Halloween Past (Haunting Danielle #5) (2015)
- The Ghost Who Came for Christmas (Haunting Danielle #6) (2015)
- The Ghost of Valentine Past (Haunting Danielle #7) (2016)
- The Ghost from the Sea (Haunting Danielle #8) (2016)
- The Ghost and the Mystery Writer (Haunting Danielle #9) (2016)
- The Ghost and the Muse (Haunting Danielle #10) (2016)
- The Ghost Who Stayed Home (Haunting Danielle #11) (2016)
- The Ghost and the Leprechaun (Haunting Danielle #12) (2017)
- The Ghost Who Lied (Haunting Danielle #13) (2017)
- The Ghost and the Bride (Haunting Danielle #14) (2017)
- The Ghost and Little Marie (Haunting Danielle #15) (2017)
- The Ghost and the Doppelganger (Haunting Danielle #16) (2018)
- The Ghost of Second Chances (Haunting Danielle #17) (2018)
- The Ghost Who Dream Hopped (Haunting Danielle #18) (2018)
- The Ghost of Christmas Secrets (Haunting Danielle #19) (2018)
- The Ghost Who Was Says I Do (Haunting Danielle #20) (2019)
- The Ghost and the Baby (Haunting Danielle #21) (2019)
- The Ghost and the Halloween Haunt (Haunting Danielle #22) (2019)
- The Ghost and the Christmas Spirit (Haunting Danielle #23) (2019)
- The Ghost and the Silver Scream (Haunting Danielle #24) (2020)
- The Ghost of a Memory (Haunting Danielle #25) (2020)
- The Ghost and the Witches’ Coven (Haunting Danielle #28) (2020)
- The Ghost and the Mountain Man (Haunting Danielle #27) (2021)
- The Ghost and the Birthday Boy (Haunting Danielle #28) (2021)
- The Ghost and the Church Lady (Haunting Danielle #29) (2022)
Buy the series in audiobook, ebook or paperback.
Amazon* ¦ Audible* ¦ Book Depository*
Now as promised, here is Bobbi’s bio and social media links.
And because this is a review for an audiobook, here is Romy’s bio and links too.
Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to read my thoughts about The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds. Have you read this one or any others by Bobbi Holmes? Are there any of Romy Nordlinger’s narrations in your collection? Drop a comment below so we can compare notes.
Bobbi is obviously great at writing cosy paranormal mysteries. Before you go, find out why I love this cosy genre so much.
Bye for now,