On 4th February, the lovely Danni @ _ForBooksSake tagged me for a Mystery Blogger Award. I know, I know, I’m embarrassed that it was ages ago. I’m touched and very flattered that she did, especially as this is the first time my blog’s been nominated for this award. 💜 😳 💜
Danni’s blog is really good; she’s very enthusiastic, writes great posts, has an open dialogue with her followers and generously shares blog posts across her social media accounts – go check it out! Many thanks for nominating me, Danni, and my apologies for taking so long to respond. 😉
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog and is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Of course, the Mystery Blogger Award has a few rules to follow.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
Like Danni, I have decided to choose 3 things that are not book related!
- Hubby and I celebrated our 20th anniversary last year but we’ve actually been together for 32 years. Yes, we were childhood sweethearts. ❤️
- We have a 2 daughters who we are unbelievably proud of; one is 17 and the other is 15. (Perhaps living in a house full of angst is why I abhor YA so much!) 😂
- I will be celebrating the BIG 5-0 next year!! 🥳 🎂 🍾 Eeek!
Danni’s Award Questions:
1. You finally get the chance to design your dream reading nook! How would you design it and what would you include? (stealing Lauren’s first question because I love it)
I love reading either curled up or with my legs out in front of me so a comfy chair or seat is the most important aspect. Soft cushions are also a must. I also need something beside me for my cup of tea, diet coke or glass of wine to go.
2. Who is your favourite artist and what is your favourite piece of art?
Is it bad that I don’t have a favourite? I like the work by Scottish artist Julia Jeffrey – Stonemaiden Art and have four of her prints in my hallway. I also like the fairy art of Arthur Rackham, the Picsees and Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha and have all of these around my house on the walls too.
3. If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
That is a mean, mean question Danni! 😂 I have no idea. I’ve got some favourites, sure, but I’m a mood reader. Consequently, there’s no way I could answer this! So I’m not gonna, so there. 😉
4. What do you find to be the hardest aspect of blogging?
I really love blogging. However, what I get anxious about is my obsession with Flora’s Musings. I mean, as I’m writing this, it’s a beautiful day outside and I should be taking advantage of it. But instead, I’m inside typing away on my laptop, adjusting headings, text and links, creating images and scheduling posts. There should be a warning on blogging – Danger This Hobby Can Be Addictive!
5. Name 5 books which you think everyone should read in their lifetime.
Again, this is a very tricky question. We’re all different and have varied interests, loves and grumbles! So, I’m not going to name any books. Instead, I hope that everyone in the world could count AT LEAST 5 books that left them with a huge book hangover like these books did for me!
My Best Post(s)?
The next part of this award is where I’m supposed to say what my best posts are. But what classifies as a “best post?” The one that’s received the most visits, likes or comments? The one that I’m most proud of? I’m not really sure, so I’ve listed a mixture.
Reading about what this award was created for – “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” I suppose my Friday Finds posts best embodies this.
However, looking at the posts that received the most attention each year since the beginning give me these:
- 2020 – My Q&A with author Dianne Duvall (205 views, 14 likes, 18 comments)
- 2019 – My review of Dystopian Sci-fi Dark Justice by Shelley Russell Nolan (126 views, 10 likes, 5 comments)
- 2018 – Dianne Duvall writes a Guest Blog Post (155 views, 7 likes, 8 comments)
- 2017 – My review of Urban Fantasy Scratching in the Dirt by indie author S.M. Henley (23 views, 4 likes, 1 comment)
- 2016 – My review of Mystery Thriller The Hidden Legacy by debut author Graham Minett (40 views, 4 likes, 2 comments)
- 2015 – My review of Urban Fantasy Beyond The Veil by British indie author Pippa DaCosta (7 views, 6 likes, 1 comment)
My award questions and blogger nominations.
Blogging can be a daunting abyss. But I’ve found the book blogging community to be warm, welcoming, supportive and full of amazing people. I could have chosen so many more blogs to nominate however, I limited myself for this one. ;-( I don’t want anyone to feel obliged to participate, if this isn’t your thing, that’s OK, I just wanted you to know how wonderful I think you are, how much I enjoy your posts and how much your blog means to me.
Here are the bloggers (and a link to their blogs), I haven’t listed them in any particular order but I hope that you will take the time to check out their amazing blogs; they’re really good – I promise. 🙂
My Mystery Blogger Award Nominees are:
- Sophie @ Beware Of The Reader
- Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer
- Evelinah @ Avalinah’s Books
- Jonetta @ Blue Mood Cafe
- Rosie @ The Secret Library Book Blog
- Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra
- Erin @ Still Life, With Cracker Crumbs
- Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out
- Lizzy @ The Bent Bookworm
- Elaine @ Elaine Howlin – Literary Blogger
- Lindsi @ Do You Dog Ear?
- Sarah @ The Critiquing Chemist
- Rebecca @ Wonderfully Weird Book Reviews
- Charlie @ Charlotte Burt’s Books
- Kal @ Reader Voracious
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den
- Caro @ CJR The Brit
- Tessa @ Tessa Talks Books
- Kelly @ From Belgium With Book Love
- Jodie @ Witty and Sarcastic Book Club
I wish I could nominate all the blogs I follow for this award because you all brighten my day and are a real credit to the blogging community. 😍
OK, so now onto my questions to the nominees.
My Award Questions:
- Who is your bookish 🦄 unicorn? 🦄
- Which 5 books gave you your BIGGEST book hangover?
- What piece of advice do you wish you’d had when you first started blogging?
- If you won an all-expenses-paid holiday, where would you choose to go and what would you do there?
- (Leaving the best to last – my funny/weird question.) What is are your top 5 favourite smells? 🤪 Yup, you read it right, I wanna know what aromas you love sniffin’ 😜😂😜
That’s my Mystery Blogger Award post, thanks for taking the time to read it. 💜 I had fun answering Danni’s questions (even the tricky ones! 😘) and, again, I want to thank her for nominating me. 😍
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and 🌈 stay safe & healthy. 🌈
Bye for now,